Apply For A Grant
Please view the Grant Guidelines below for requirements to submit an application.
SCCRF Grant Request form must be complete and include:
- A cover letter signed by the Executive Director or other designated party.
- The purpose for the grant and how the funds will be used.
- A list of the applicant organization’s Board of Directors and Executive Staff.
- A current P&L and Balance Sheet with year-to-date financial statement.
- A yearly budget.
- A copy of the IRS tax-exempt determination letter.
- A copy of the last 2 years of the Federal 990 tax returns (not double-sided or stapled).
- After receipt of the check and within 60 days the applicant will follow up how the funds were used, who benefited, and the success of the program.
- As a general rule, grants will be capped at $5,000.00 per year. Grant requests that exceed the $5,000.00 may be considered for additional funding in the next year grant review.
- All awards must comply with the SCCR Foundation Bylaws and awarded per the 501 (c) (3) guidelines.
- Grants will not be given for capital improvements, employees’ salaries, event funding, membership fees, or to be paid to an individual.
- How will your organization acknowledge the SCCR Foundation?
There are two grant periods:
- Spring grant request will be due by December 31st of the previous year
- Grants for Spring will be awarded before March 30th
- Grants requests will be due by June 30th of the current year
- Grants for Fall will be awarded before September 30th
- Applicants may make an in-person presentation to the Foundation Committee after committee members complete an onsite visitation.
- Incomplete package will not be considered for a grant